HIGHLIGHTS OF THE Roman Castles and Lake Private Tour
1. Visit of the towns of Frascati and Grottaferrata
2. Enjoy the view of the Roman volcanic lake Albano
3. Admire the Pope’s residence
4. Explore the stunning Villa Doria Pamphili
Join us in this private tour in the enchanted surroundings of the Roman volcanic lake Albano, also known as the Lake of Gandolfo Castle as it reflects nicely the Pope’s residence. Albano Lake holds the record for the deepest volcanic lake of all Italy and it is the destination for many water sports lovers and runners training. You will also reach the town of Frascati, famous for its exquisite white wine, and explore the imposing Abbey of Santa Maria of Grottaferrata.
You will then have free time to enjoy lunch in one of the best restaurants of the town. You will have the chance to taste the delicious “porchetta”, a roast pork dish typical of this area, which is best combined with a good glass of red wine.
After lunch, you you will be intrigued by a breath-taking Villa with authentic Italian gardens, the Villa Doria Pamphili. You will have the opportunity to walk inside the gardens and learn something more about the interesting history of the precious Villa.
DETAILS OF THE TOUR:
Dates and Time: Every Day (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Season: All Year round
Weather: This tour runs rain or shine
The Price Includes: Air-conditioned minivan transport, English-speaking driver/tour leader
Meeting Point: Your accommodation in the center of Rome.
THINGS TO NOTE:
* Bookings made 72 hours before the tour are considered valid only if re-confirmed and authorized.
* The Price is on a base of 2 people. Special discount for families/small groups available.