HIGHLIGHTS OF THE Florence city Tour by bus with Accademia Gallery
1. Panoramic drive and stunning view from Michelangelo Square
2. Visit of the Cathedral (external) with its wonderful Brunelleschi dome and the Giotto’s Belfry
3. Guided visit of the Academy Gallery and its great masterpiece: Michelangelo’s David.
4. Pre-booked ticket for the Accademia to have priority entry over the general admission long line.
Enjoying a lovely drive along the romantic Viale dei Colli, we’ll take you up to Piazzale Michelangelo. There, you’ll be truly impressed by the spectacular view over the city.
Later on, we’ll reach by coach the historical city center, to discover on foot the historical streets, passing by the imposing Palazzo Medici Riccardi, where young Michelangelo lived as a guest of Lorenzo the Magnificent, until the entrance of the renowned Gallery of the Accademia*. You will find many masterpieces which belong to different artists but for sure you’ll gaze in awe in front of the majestic David made by Michelangelo!
We’ll proceed the by strolling around the places seen earlier by the top of the hill. A guided visit will let you learn about all the anecdotes concerning the renowned Santa Maria del Fiore or Duomo complex. You will admire the external facade of the Baptistery and its famous Doors of Paradise and you’ll be utterly fascinated by the magnificent Dome, designed by the greatest Brunelleschi, as well as by bell tower of genius Giotto.
DETAILS OF THE TOUR:
Dates and Time: Every Day
Departure: 8:30 am (meeting 20 minutes earlier)
Season: All year round
Weather: This tour runs rain or shine
The Price Includes: Guide, museum skip the line ticket, air-conditioned luxury coach (earphones of the museum for min. of 15 pax)
Meeting Point: Central location in Florence. More details will be provided after booking
Length: 3’45 h approx.
THINGS TO NOTE:
** Bookings made 72 hours before the tour are considered valid only if re-confirmed and authorized.
* Children from 0 to 6 years old are free. From 7 years old on: adult price
* The Academy Gallery is closed on Mondays and replaced with a visit to the:
– Saint Mark Museum on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Monday of the month;
– Medici Chapels (Mausoleum of the Medici Family with one of the most famous sculptural cycles by Michelangelo) on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month.
* English language is always guaranteed. The local guide service could be provided in two languages. The escort service is multilingual.
* The tour can be operated from our partners.
Please note that the access to the museum is regulated according to the number of people inside it. For that reason during periods of increased inflow of visitors, despite of our reservations, the admission to the museums might be subjected to delays, mainly due to security reasons. Based to the above reasons any possible delay cannot be attributable to Come&See Italy responsibility.