Our group tours depart daily from Montecatini Terme. They are daily tours and run all year, every day. We arrange the same trips from Lucca, Pisa, Pistoia and Florence.
Tours with departure from Montecatini Terme to: Cinque Terre, Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, Lucca, Montalcino, Montepulciano, and the Carrara marble quarries, Volterra and Vinci, Chianti and everywhere in Tuscany upon request.
See below the details of the excursions from Montecatini and book in advance to ensure your participation.
N.B. All the excursions can be organized also privately any day of the week you prefer.
GROUP TOURS FROM MONTECATINI TERME
PISA (Departure: 2’30 PM – Return: 6’30 PM) - price: 55 euro
Don’t hesitate to visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa with us! Our tour guide will tell you all the secrets about one of the 7 miracles in the world on Piazza Dei Miracoli and you’ll really understand why it’s leaning…There is so much to know about the Cathedral, magnificent masterpiece of Romanesque style, and the unique and biggest Baptistery in Italy. But Pisa is not only the “Miracle square” and we’ll visit the Knight’s square and the old monumental palaces of the town.
The price includes: tour guide, transport and entrance fee for the Cathedral of Pisa.
CARRARA MARBLE TOUR – (8,30 AM – 2 PM) – 75 euro
Come to discover with us from where Michelangelo use to take the whitest marble for his masterpieces. Admire a lot of skill workers climbing the marble caves. We’ll visit one of the most famous caves in the heart of the marble mountain and learn how exactly it is quarried. An artist from Carrara will explain you how a rough peace of marble can became a piece of art. At the end we can’t miss a visit of the tiny town of Colonnata famous for tasty coldcults.
The price includes: tour guide, transport and entrance fee for the Marble caves.
COOKING CLASS (9’30 AM – 2 PM)- 79 euro
Do you want to learn more about the Italian and Tuscan Cuisine? Come and participate on one of our cooking classes! Our Chef will give you the most delicious recipes. With him you'll learn the secrets of the tiramisu, homemade pasta with different sauces, risotto with porcini mushrooms or fresh vegetables, pizza ...or whatever you want to know. Lunch of what you’ve prepared is included. Become a Chef for a day!
The price includes: transport, cooking class and lunch of what you’ve prepared.
CINQUE TERRE (Departure: 8 AM – Return: 6 PM) - price: 70 euro
Today you can discover one of the most amazing and enchanting landscape in the world by boat. Travelling by boat around the “Five Lands” is more than romantic. We’ll admire some of the Mediterranean’s most picturesque seaside Ligurian villages and stop at the smallest one: Vernazza and the biggest one: Monterosso. During our cruise which will start with the port of Venus – Portovenere, where Lord Byron loved to take inspiration for his poetry, you can make the most beautiful and panoramic photos to all the five villages with its colourful houses. Free time for swimming and lunch (we’ll suggest you the nicest local restaurant where to taste the best sea food). Tasting of the best Cinque Terre white wine and pesto is included. *In case of bad weather the tour runs by bus and train. The price includes: tour leader, transport: bus, boat and train tickets, tasting of white cinque terre wine, pesto sauce and local products.
SIENA & SAN GIMIGNANO (Depart: 9 AM – Return: 6.00 PM) -price: 70 euro Come and see the magnificent medieval town of Siena! There will be a guided walk through the narrow ancient streets to discover one of most beautiful squares in Europe: Piazza del Campo, which shape reminds us of a shell. Siena has one of the most beautiful Cathedrals in Tuscany and the famous Music Academy – Accademia Chigiana. After some free time for lunch (why not sitting at one of the open-air restaurants on the fascinating Campo square) we’ll follow through the countryside of Chianti area among the beautiful hills of vineyards and olive-groves to S. Gimignano. This is the town of the fair towers, dating back to Etruscan period. Here you’ll have a chance to walk among the old medieval towers, take look at the colourful pottery shops or have the best gelato on the spot where the famous movie “Tea with Mussolini” was filmed.
The price includes: transport and tour guide.
CHIANTI WINE & VINCI (Departure: 2’30 PM – Return: 6,30 PM) - price: 49 euro
This is a wonderful tour for those who want to combine wine and relax! The winery we are going to visit is situated over the small village of Leonardo Da Vinci – quite place with a stunning view over the vineyards and olive groves. We’ll give you time to discover the enchanting atmosphere of Vinci and then we’ll follow to a local farmhouse and boutique winery where you’ll taste the best Chianti wines combined with bruschetta with delicious extra-virgin olive oil and tomato, salami, olives. Sweet dessert wine with biscotti will be served at the end. The hospitality of the owners and the abundance of wine will make you feel like at home.
The price includes: tour leader, transport and special Chianti wine tasting.
CHOCOLATE TOUR Every Thursday and Saturday ( Departure 9’30 AM - Return 1 PM), Price 59 euro
Take a chance to visit one of the most famous chocolate factory in Tuscany with us. With this “sweet” tour you will learn more about the process of work and combination of art and passion. There will be a guided chocolate tasting combined with special Tuscan wine, a nice surprise and chocolate gift for you…and of course the possibility to buy various delicious fine chocolate bars and even chocolate original sculptures.
The price includes: tour leader, transport and Tuscany chocolate tasting.
HORSE RIDING – (9’30 AM – 12 AM)- 49 euro Unforgettable horseback excursion through the enchanting woods and beautiful Tuscan country. You don’t need to be an expert to join our tour and discover unique places out of the bitten track. Here's a Chance to Learn to Ride "English" style or "Western Style" and enjoy the nature with us.
The price includes: transport and guided horse riding, helmets.
FLORENCE – (Departure: 9’00 AM – Return: 5 PM) - price: 69 euro This marvellous guided walking tour will let you discover the most suggestive corners of Florence. We’ll start with the Dominican church Santa Maria Novella along with Medici’s church S. Lorenzo and visit of the Cathedral complex: the Cathedral, Giotto’s bell tower and the Baptistery with the famous Gate of Paradise. The next stop will be the Piazza della Signoria and the old “Jeweller’s bridge” – Ponte Vecchio. Our tour will end with Uffizi Gallery. With us you can SKIP THE LINE. Follow free time for lunch and shopping.*Fee for the Uffizi is not included.
The price includes: transport and guided Florence walking tour.
MONTECARLO KARAOKE NIGHT with Music, Wine & Dinner
( Departure 6’30 PM – Return 11’00 PM ), Price 59 euro
Special evening with a lot of wine and Music in the beautiful medieval village of Montecarlo. We’ll visit the most ancient wine cellar and then have a nice light dinner in the farm house on a base of bruschetta, Tuscan cheese and salami, crostini and sweet biscuits with dessert wine. The excellent Montecarlo red and white wine will let you sing more and more and have a great party.
The price includes: transport and special Montecarlo wine tasting with light dinner.
HISTORICAL VILLAS of LUCCA (Dep: 2’30 PM – Return: 7 PM) - price: 59 euro
Along the valleys of Lucca and in the plain of Monte Pisani we’ll admire the beautiful country villas. Most of them were summer residences of noble Italian families and are real examples of different architectural stiles in Tuscany. We’ll visit the most famous: Villa Torrigiani and Villa Reale.
The price includes: tour guide and transport.
* Main Departure – from the Tourist Information in Viale Verdi, 66 (on the corner in front of the carousel)
ONE DAY SPA
One Spa Day in the Thermal town of Montecatini Terme to relax and renew your body and soul. The town is famous for its Thermal baths and spring water and we’ll organize your wellness day there. You can chose between the following two packages or even combine them:
A) Wellbeing Morning package includes: hydro-massage bath, swedish sauna, emotion shower, Rasul bath, Hammam, Kneipp bath and entrance in the pools with sweet and salty water (thalassoterapy). There is a relax corner where you can have some delicate tea and fresh fruits.
Available Monday to Friday (9 am - 1 pm), Price 49 euro
1. The Spa will provide the bathrobe. Bring your swimsuit and slippers.
2. You can order a nice light lunch by the external pool. We suggest to book it at your arrival.
3. Montecatini is one of the most famous spa towns in Tuscany and you might want o prebook an additional massage.
Here you can choose between:
- Anti-stress massage (50', with relaxing effects on the muscles while stimulating blood Circulation)
- Chocolate massage (30', based on the smoothing properties of cocoa)
- Peppermint massage (30', revitalizes the energy of the whole body and creates a pleasant feeling of freshness)
4. After your treatments and relax we suggest to visit Montecatini Alto, a gorgeous little village up on the hill over the spas and have cappuccino, gelato – ice cream or simply admire the Tuscan view. To go to Montecatini alto you can take the “Funicolare” a cable car which runs every 30 minutes till midnight. (Don’t forget only the siesta time between 1 pm and 3 pm when even the funicolare driver has lunch or snore :)
5. We suggest visit of Terme Tettuccio, one of the most famous Terme in Montecatini, with beautiful ornaments on the ceilings and highest expression of Italian Art Nouveau style. Very often in the afternoon and in the evening there are classical music concerts. This is the “spa” where people come to drink the thermal waters too. You might want to try some too, even if for the healing effect you need to drink them for at least 2 weeks…
6. This spa package is provided in one of the most famous Spa Hotels in Montecatini and if you decide we can organize a special 1, 2 ,3 nights stay there with more special treatments. Could be a good idea for Birthday gift and party!!!
B) Thermal Pool afternoon package includes: Entrance in the spa Thermal pool and in the thermal bath with hydro-massage for 1 hour + plus 20 minutes relaxing aroma massage. The water of the natural thermal pool is 33° and it helps also for rheumatology. Available Monday to Saturday (2 pm – 5,30 pm), Price 69 euro
1. Bring your swimsuit, slippers and bathrobe. *If you need you can purchase set of slippers & towel for 6 euro in the Spa.
2. In the morning before the spa package we suggest to visit Montecatini Alto, a gorgeous little village up on the hill over the spas and have a nice cappuccino with a view. To go to Montecatini Alto you can take the “Funicolare” a cable car which runs every 30 minutes from 9’30 am to 1pm and from 2’30 pm till midnight. (Don’t forget only the siesta time between 1 pm and 2’30 pm when even the funicolare driver has lunch or snore :) and you need to be back for your spa package. Return ticket cost 7 euro.
3. After your spa treatments we suggest visit of Terme Tettuccio, one of the most famous Terme in Montecatini, with beautiful ornaments on the ceilings and highest expression of Italian Art Nouveau style. Very often in the afternoon and in the evening there are free classical music concerts. Afternoon fee entrance: 6 euro. On the way to Tettuccio thermal waters in the park at the end of Viale Verdi (that’s the spa where people go to drink the water with healing qualities) we suggest a “gelato “ stop.
4. If you wish you can prebook more massages and choose between:
- Aroma massage (50', with relaxing effects) – 72 euro
- Sensorial massage (50’ over thermal water mattress)- 72 euro
- Candle massage (20’minutes nourishing for the skin) – 40 euro
- Californian massage ( 50’ with relaxing effects) – 80 euro
* If the dates of the group tours do not suits you we can organize a Private Tour in Tuscany for you!